terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2009

Paper Piecing and so on...

Paper Piecing

It is also called Foundation Piecing and is made by sewing pieces of fabric onto a temporary foundation. It is a traditional quilting technique, very simple for you to try.
Também denominado de Foundation Piecing, consite em coser bocados de tecido numa superfície temporária. Esta é uma t´cenica tradicional, muito simples de se executar.


Since I am almost finishing my daughter's quilt - binding part, I am! - I decided to use this technique on the label.
Uma vez que o quilt para a minha filha já está quase pronto - a pregar o binding - decidi usar esta técnica e fazer a etiqueta.


And the label is done!! ehehe - another heart!







Being at home sick doesn't help me too much! But my hands are ok and so is my imagination so...fabric bag step by step!!
Isto de estar em casa doente não ajuda nada! Mas uma vez que as minhas mãos não têm nenhum problema e nem a minha imaginação...sai uma mala com passo a passo!!
You will need two fat-quarters (black and plack with pink), pink, freezer paper and fabric for the inside.
São necessários dois fat-quarters (preto e preto estampado), uma tira de rosa, fita grega a condizer, papel freezer e tecido para forrar a carteira.
Cut and sew them; apply freezer paper template on pink fabric. Iron both.






There's a button missing!! ahaha






I decided to make a sampler quilt and my first block is the Pinwheel block. I think everybody has problems with the triangules but I found this method: very easy and is perfect. The only problem was ...maths!!! Inches ... I always lived on a centimeter/meters world, not inches/yards!! So imagine me calculating, complicating...

But the block is done!! eheh






Sem comentários: