segunda-feira, 28 de abril de 2008

Patchwork - Double irish chain

It has been a week since I started my blog but time is not enough for everything.
This is my double irish chain quilt that I am doing on the PIP. All the ladies helped me to pin it ad it is so big that we used the floor.I started to quilt it but I haven't decide what to do in the white you see, this is for my 4 years old son. Mean while something will come up! I am very satisfied with it, this is my first big project and, with a normal sewing machine to quilt it....!
Já passou uma semana desde que comecei este blog mas, o tempo não chega para tudo. Este é o meu Double Irish Chain que estou a fazer no PIP. O pessoal ajudou-me a colocar os alfinetes para fazer a "sandes" e, como era tão grande, tivemos que fazer no chão. Já comecei a acolchoar mas ainda não me decidi o que fazer na parte branca porque, este quilt é para a cama do meu filhote que tem 4 anos. Mas no entretantos algo irá surgir! Estou bastante contente com este quilt uma vez que é o meu primeiro grande projecto e, tendo uma máquina de costura normal para fazer o acilchoado.....!


For the back I used stripes with the same colors as the front.
Para a parte de trás usei um tecido às riscas com as mesmas cores que o estampado da frente.







This is the block star that I made for Vicky. Angela had the idea: each of us (the PIP ladies and the IWP ladies) would make a star block (using only whites and blues) to offer to Vicky. Now I can't wait to see the final work!






Finally we all can see that this is a window!
My husband asked me if I was gonna put it on a window! I looked at him and ... said "this is a quilt!"
I named it "Blue forest".
At the beginnig I wanted to put some bears (white bears) on it but the girls said (LOL) that there was no bears on a forest! Well, ok not white but, brown bears live in the forest and ... I only have got white not brown bears. Now what I'm gonna do with those bears?

Sem comentários: