terça-feira, 29 de abril de 2008

Patchwork - Blue Forest Window

This weekend I stitch a lot! I sew the borders on my "Blue Forest Window" as you can see and it is ready to "sandwich" it. Only do not know what will be the back, but I am not in a hurry.
Este fim de semana cosi bastante! Coloquei o bordo à volta painel "Blue Forest Window" e já está pronto para fazer a "sandes". Ainda não sei o que colocar para as costas mas, não tenho pressa.
We lost contact with a friend of us about five years ago. I tried to contact them several times but I got no answer so I gave up. Three months ago one of their daughters phoned to my husband. It was quite a surprise... followed by bad news: her brother had a car accident and their mother is in a wheel chair.
Eu e o meu marido perdemos o contacto com um casal anosso amigo aí à uns 5 anos. Por várias vezes telefonei mas nã obtive reposta por isso desisti. Há 3 meses atrás uma das filhas deles telefonou para o meu marido. Foi uma surpresa... seguida de más notícias: o irmão dela tinha tido um acidente de carro e a mãe tinha ficado paralisada estando numa cadeira de rodas.
In one of Angie's class the ladies made a Rail Fence table runner and I thought this could be the right pattern to quilt and to offer to my friend: you see, we have fences and "fences" in our lifes and this quilt represents the fences that we build or lay them down.For the colours I choose green for hope, red for life and the the flowers means that you are alive. For the borders, the nineteen different colors represents the colours of life.
A holiday is coming and I will work on it again.
Numa das aulas da Angela o trabalho que estavam a fazer era um Rail Fence table runner e pensei que este seria o padrao certo para um quilt e oferecer à minha amiga: é que nós temos vedações e vedações na nossa vida e este quilt representa as "vedações" que construimos ou derrubamos. Para as cores escolhi o verde para a esperança, vermelho para vida e as flores representam que estamos vivos. Para a cercadura, as 19 cores diferentes reperesentam as cores da vida. Com um feriado à porta vou trabalhar mais neste quilt.

Sem comentários: